Local Area - Ideal hotel location in Salzburg's Old Town
What’s known as Mozart’s city has a lot more to offer than just a celebrated son. With the Alps to the south and rolling hills to the north, Salzburg is geographically stunning. It is also lauded as a capital of baroque architecture and the setting for the world-famous Sound of Music.
Salzburg's Old Town, named a UNESCO world heritage site in 1997, is especially captivating when explored by Fiaker, or horse cab. What was once Salzburg’s main form of transportation is now a romantic ride through history, and an excellent way to view the variety of building styles that are true architectural accomplishments.
The hotel is ideally located in Salzburg's old town and guests of the Hotel Goldener Hirsch have the best of the city at the tips of their toes. Just outside of the hotel is the distinguished Getreidegasse road. A city throughway since Roman times, it is home to world-renowned boutiques. For those interested in history, Mozart’s birthplace is a mere minute away and the famous Festival Hall is just across the street. The Hohensalzburg Fortress can be reached on foot in 10 minutes.
Exploring the city's center provides a glimpse at the Middle Ages, Romanesque, Baroque, and Renaissance periods, as well as an understanding of the discreet native burghers’ houses that date back to the monarchy. A stroll along the Salzach, Salzburg’s picturesque river just two minutes from the hotel, is a romantic way to end the day, providing insight as to why this city inspired so many creative works including the Cathedral, the Franciscan Church, St. Peter’s Monastery, and the Collegiate Church.
Venturing out of the city, day-trips abound. Adventurers can arrange visits to stunning vistas of the Bavarian Alps, Salzburg Lake District, Eagle’s Nest, and luminous, frosty Werfen Ice Caves.
Not to be ignored is Salzburg’s position as an outdoor recreational destination. By winter, a shuttle transports snow seekers to world-renowned skiing and snowboarding destinations. The summer months see an influx of golfers eager to tee off on the array of nearby courses.
Learn More About Salzburg's Local Area
Our concierge is happy to assist in arranging any of these outings for you.
- Store hours are generally from 9am-6pm.
- The official language of Salzburg is German, but English is also prevalent.
- The currency is Euro and the electrical system is European Standard 220 Volt.
- International Calling Code: 0043
- City Calling Code: 662
Arts & Culture
- Museum of Natural History 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Rupertinum Art Gallery 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Toy Museum 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Leopoldskron 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Hellbrunn Palace and "Trick Water Fountains" 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Universitaet Salzburg 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Unfallkrankenhaus Emergency Hospital 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Landeskrankenanstalten General Hospital 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Messegelaende Salzburg Convention Center 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Deutsche Bank 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Belgian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Swedish Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Ford Motor Company 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Mercedes Daimler-Chrysler 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- BMW 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- SAP AG 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Sony DADC Company 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Johnson and Johnson 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Salzburg-Klessheim Golf and Country Club 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Golfclub Salzburg-Rif 11.0 km/6.8 miles
- Gut Altentann Golf Club 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Jagd Und Golf Club Schloss Fuschl 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Europa Sport Region Golf Club 95.0 km/59.0 miles
- Netherlands Consulate General 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Greek Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Iceland Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Portuguese Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- British Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Brazilian Embassy 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- French Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Japanese Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Peruvian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Moroccan Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Chilean Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Luxumbourg Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Lettland Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Consulate of Czech Republic 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- United States Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Royal Danish Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Philippine Embassy 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Yugoslavian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Italian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- German Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Indonesian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Lithuanian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Costa Rican Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Swiss Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Polish Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Finnish Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Russian Consulate 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Mozart's Residence 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Mozart's Birthplace 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Volksgartenbad 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Carolino Augusteum Museum 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Horse Carriage Rides 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Former Prince-Archbishop's Residence 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Salzburger Tennis Club 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Hohensalzburg Fortress 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Kongresshaus Convention Center 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Reiterhof Moos Riding Club 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Klessheim Palace Casino 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Anif Tennispoint 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Reiterhof Elixhausen Riding Club 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Am Mondsee Golf Club 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Snow Skiing Resorts 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Casino Austria 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Gift Shop 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Getreidegasse (shopping street) 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Marionette Theatre 1.0 km/0.6 miles
Guests who are not travelling by car can use the eco-friendly e-bus system in Salzburg. Our concierge is pleased to inform you about the bus schedule. Also, Salzburg offers eco-friendly hybrid cars, which guests can rent during their stay in Salzburg.